Statement of responsibility: Lynette Owen
ISBN: 1780432208, 9781780432205
Intended audience: Specialized.
Previous edition: 2010.
800 pages ; 25 cm + 1 CD-ROM
Contracts; Publishing; Copyright; Authors and publishers Great Britain.; Copyright Great Britain.; Contracts Great Britain.; Media Studies.; Great Britain
- 1 General Book: Author-Publisher Agreement
- 2 Educational, Academic, Scientific and Professional Book: Author-Publisher Agreement
- 3 Agreement for General Editor of a Book
- 4 Agreement for Contributor to a Book
- 5 Book Series: Editor-Publisher Agreement
- 6 Academic Journal: Editor's Agreement
- 7 Society-Owned Journal: Publishing Agreement
- 8 Journal Contributor Agreements
- 9 Agreements for Serial Rights
- 10 Translator's Agreement
- 11 Agreement for Sale of Translation Rights
- Appendix: The People's Republic of China, Central and Eastern Europe and the Post-Soviet Union Republics
- 12 Same-Language Low-Priced Reprint Agreement
- 13 Illustration and Artwork Agreement
- 14 Packaging Rights Agreement
- 15 International Co-edition Agreement
- 16 Film, Television and Allied Rights: Option Agreement and Assignment
- 17 Merchandising Rights Agreement
- Introduction to Electronic Precedents
- 18 Licence to Digital Media Producer to Use Existing Print .Material in Carrier
- 19 Licence to Institution to Make Existing Print Material Available by Local Networks to End Users within its Own Site
- 20 Licence to Institution to Use Material Supplied in Electronic Form
- 21 Online Access to Database Agreement
- 22 EBook Distribution Agreement
- 23 App Development Agreement
- 24 Text and Data Mining (TDM): Sample Clauses for Subscription Agreement for Copyright Material
- Appendix A The US Market
- Appendix B Paperback and Hardback Reprint Rights
- Appendix C Licensing Permission Rights
- Appendix D Collective Licensing of Reproduction Rights
- Appendix E People with Print Disabilities
- Appendix F Reversionary Provisions of the Copyright Act 1911
- Appendix G Moral Rights
- Appendix H Publishers Association Code of Practice on Author Contracts
- Appendix I Territories of the World
- Appendix J Member States of the International Copyright Conventions.
Clark's is the voice of reason. The sensible revised guidelines issued by the Publishers Association in 2010 and included here resonate with common sense, decency and patient attention to detail, and this is the collective authorial voice throughout the volume as a whole.
BookBrunch||Clark's Publishing Agreements provides the blueprint of how to build the foundations of a publishing empire.It is a companion to publishing; a reassuring, authoritative presence both on the bookshelf and hard drive. Years of experience and expertise are poured into every sentence, clause and note.
Logos||For practical use, Clark's Publishing Agreements.is an indispensable work for all publishers and for many others who work in the publishing industry.Lynette Owen is to be congratulated on her virtuoso performance in bringing together the many elements of this vital work.
The London Book Fair