Statement of responsibility: Graham Saunders
ISBN: 1408175487, 9781408175484
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xi, 304 pages ; 22 cm
Performing arts; Theater Great Britain History 20th century.; Theatrical companies Great Britain History 20th century.; Theatre production; Performing Arts.; Theatres
- 1. Historical and Cultural Background
- 2. British Theatre Companies of the Period
- 3. Monstrous Regiment, by Dr Kate Dorney
- 4. Forced Entertainment, by Sarah Gorman (University of Roehampton, London, UK)
- 5. Gay Sweatshop, by Sara Freeman (University of Puget Sound, USA)
- 6. Joint Stock, by Jaqueline Bolton (University of Lincoln, UK)
- 7. Theatre de Complicite, by Michael Fry
- 8. Talawa, by Kene Igweonu (Canterbury Christ Church University, UK)
- Notes on Contributors