Statement of responsibility: David Bridges
ISBN: 3319492128, 9783319492100, 9783319492124
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (491 pages) : illustrations.
Electronic reproduction. Dawson Books. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Also available in printed form.
- Educational Research and Philosophy in `Interesting Times'.- PART 1
- Educational Research and its Intellectual Resources.
- The Disciplines and Discipline of Educational Research.
- `Two Cultures' Revisited
- Science (`Scientism') and the Humanities in the Construction of Educational Understanding.
- `The Proper Study of Mankind .'? In Defence of the Humanities Against the Ambitions of `Scientific' Psychology.- PART 2: Education as Applied Research
- Practice and Policy.
- Educational Research and Practice.
- Educational Research and Policy.- PART 3
- Philosophy and Educational Research.
- Philosophising about, as, and in Educational Research.
- Philosophy and Practice
- A Philosopher in the Classroom?.
- A Philosopher at Court? A Reflection on an Educational Researcher's Engagement with Policymakers.
- The Roles of `the Philosopher' in an Interdisciplinary Research Group.
- From Philosophising about Educational Research to Researching Philosophy
- Reflections on a Reflective Log.- PART 4
- Truth(s) in Educational Research.
- Educational Research
- Pursuit of Truth or Flight into Fancy?
- Educational Theory, Practice, and Research
- Pragmatic Perspectives.
- The Science and Art of the Single Case in Educational Research.
- Narratives, Fiction, and the Magic of the Real.
- History, Fiction, and Educational Research.
- Interpreting the International and Intranational `Translation' of Educational Policy and Practice
- A Case of Opportunism, Serendipity, and Bricolage.- PART 5: Ethics and Educational Research.
- Four Issues for Ethical Code Makers.
- Research for Sale? Epistemic, Moral, and Political Drift through the Commodification of Educational Research.
- `Nothing About us Without us'
- The Ethics of Outsider Research.
- Working Without Shame in International Educational Research and Development? From Consequentialism to Casuistry.
- Ethics and Epistemology in Educational Research
- Research as `Fiction Written Under Oath'?- PART 6
- Research Quality and its Assessment.
- Generic Criteria of Quality in Educational Research.
- The International and the Excellent in Educational Research and its Assessment.
- Research Quality Assessment
- Impossible Science, Possible Art?.- EPILOGUE.
- Conversation in the Construction and Representation of Educational Research.