Statement of responsibility: edited by Grace Enriquez, Elisabeth Johnson, Stavroula Kontovourki, and Christine A. Mallozzi
ISBN: 1138906212, 9781138906211
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
304 pages : illustrations (black and white).
Expanding literacies in education
Literacy Social aspects.; Media Studies.; Literacy.; Literacy Research.
Expanding literacies in education.
- Part One: Why Bodies Matter in Literacy Research
- Introduction: Assembling Research on Literacies and the Body - Elisabeth Johnson and Stavroula Kontovourki
- Inscription, Erasure, Embodiment: Literacy Research and Bodies of Knowledge - Marjorie Siegel
- Part Two: Disciplined Literacies, Disciplined Bodies
- Reader Response and Embodied Performance: Body-Poems as Performative Response and Performativity - Grace Enriquez
- Disciplined within a Discipline: English Teachers are Bound to Be Human Bodies - Christine A. Mallozzi
- Part Three: Living Literacies, Feeling Bodies
- When the Body Acquires Pedagogy and it Hurts: Discursive Practices and Material Affects of Round Robin Reading - Stephanie Jones
- Shrinking In, Spilling Out, and Living Through: Affective Energy as Multimodal Literacies - Jaye Johnson Thiel
- Literacy, Emotion, and the Teaching/Learning Body - Cynthia Lewis and Anne Crampton
- Racialized Bodies as Lived Experiences: How Phenomenology Might Offer Literacy Studies a New Perspective on the Body - Hilary E. Hughes
- Moving Off-Screen: Pathways for Understanding an Adolescent's Embodied Experience of New Media Making - Christian Ehret
- Part Four: Bodies as Social Texts
- Race and Rag Dolls: Critically Engaging the Embodiment of Diversity in Lalaloopsy Transmedia - Karen E. Wohlwend and Ted Hall
- Traditionally Marginalized Bodies Making Space Through Embodied Literacy Performances - Mollie V. Blackburn
- Drawing Teachers in a Language Arts Methods Course: Images of Teachers, Literacy, & Pedagogy - Anne Swenson Ticknor
- "What Kind of Woman are You?": Performing Decency and Motherhood Behind Bars - Rachel Oppenheim
- Part Five: Pervasive Bodies, Indeterminate Literacies
- Bodies With and Without Organs: Literacies of a True Crime Sex and Violence Drama - A. Jonathan Eakle
- Dead-lines: Teachers' Bureaucratic Habitus and Disciplinary Writing in Three South African Schools - Kerryn Dixon and Jacqui Dornbrack
- Resisting Embodiment: Questions within Education and a Street-Youth Performance - Amanda C. Wager and Mia Perry
- Part Six: Conclusion
- On Literacies, Learning, and the Body: Theorizing, Researching, and Imagining Pedagogies - Elisabeth Johnson and Grace Enriquez