Statement of responsibility: edited by Carol E. Henderson
ISBN: 0230115470, 9780230115477
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xiii, 218 p. : ill.
Women United States Identity.; Fiction: general & literary; United States of America, USA; Literary studies: post-colonial literature; Literary studies: general; Literature: history & criticism; Cultural studies; African American women in popular culture.; Literary theory; Self-perception in women United States.; African American women Social conditions.; Society & culture: general; Fiction & related items; Gender studies, gender groups; Gender studies: women & girls; Literature
Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Also available in printed form ISBN 9780230107052
- Public Property: On Black Women, Bodies, and First Lady Michelle Obama
- Carol E. Henderson * Racing Sex~Sexing Race: The Invention of the Black Feminine Body
- Kaila Adia Story * Disembodiments: Ellen Gallagher's Watery Metamorphoses
- Ana Nunes * Stigmata : Embodying the Scars of Slavery
- Venetria K. Patton * 'Pull Up to the Bumper': Fashion and Queerness in Grace Jones' One Man Show
- Maria J. Guzman * Images that Sell: The Black Female Body Imag(in)ed in 1960s and 1970s Magazine Ads
- Michelle L. Filling * Four Women, For Women: Black Women
- All Grown Up
- Debra A. Powell-Wright * The Lower Stratum of History: The Grotesque Comic Stereotypes of Suzan-Lori Parks and Kara Walker
- Julie Burrell * Navel-erasing: Androgyny and Self-Making in Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon and Jamaica Kincaid's The Autobiography of My Mother
- Stacie Selmon McCormick * 'If Rigor is Our Dream': The Re-Membering of Violence by Black Women Writers of the Harlem Renaissance
- Zetta Elliott * "You . . .You Remind Me of . . .": A Black Feminist's Rejection of the White Imagination
- Maria del Guadalupe Davidson