Statement of responsibility: Monika Bednarek
ISBN: 1441139168, 9781441139160
Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-250) and index.
xvi, 253 p. : ill.
Corpus and discourse. Research in corpus and discourse
British newspapers Language.; Museology & heritage studies; News media & journalism; English language Discourse analysis.; Media studies: Journalism; Semantics, discourse analysis, stylistics; Media Studies.; Media studies; Journalism Great Britain Language.
Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Also available in printed form ISBN 9781847063342
- I. Evaluation and newspaper discourse
- 1. Analysing evaluation in the news
- 2. The news story in its context
- 3. Delimiting evaluation
- 4. A new theory of evaluation
- II. Evaluation in the press: a corpus-based analysis
- 5. Evaluation in the press: a corpus-based pragmatic analysis
- III. Empirical and theoretical issues
- 6. Evaluation: broadsheets vs. tabloids
- 7. Implications for a new theory of evaluation