Statement of responsibility: edited by Berit Astrom, Katarina Gregersdotter and Tanya Horeck
ISBN: 113729163X, 9781137291639
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xi, 219 p.
Biography, literature & literary studies; Literature: history & criticism; Films, cinema; Larsson, Stieg, 1954-2004 Criticism and interpretation.; Fiction: general & literary; Detective and mystery stories, Scandinavian History and criticism.; Detective and mystery stories, English History and criticism.; Rape in literature.; English; Rape in motion pictures.; Crime & mystery fiction; Literary studies: post-colonial literature; Psychology: sexual behaviour; Literary studies: c 1900 to c 2000; Scandinavian languages; Fiction & related items; Literary studies: fiction, novelists & prose writers; Literary studies: general; Literature.
Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Also available in printed form ISBN 9780230308404
- Acknowledgements Notes on Contributors Introduction
- T.Horeck , K.Gregersdotter B.Åström PART I: STIEG LARSSON'S MILLENNIUM TRILOGY: OPENING UP THE DEBATE 'The Girl Who Pays Our Salaries': Rape and the Bestselling Millennium Trilogy
- P.Walton The Millennium Trilogy and the American Serial Killer Narrative: Investigating Protagonists of Men Who Write Women
- B.Fister Lisbeth Salander as a Melodramatic Heroine: Emotional Conflicts, Split Focalization and Changing Roles in Scandinavian Crime Fiction
- Y.Leffler PART II: DISMEMBERED BODIES, WOUNDED STATES: GENDER POLITICS IN THE MILLENNIUM TRILOGY AND BEYOND Rape and the Avenging Female in Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy and Håkan Nesser's Woman with Birthmark and The Inspector and Silence
- M.Harris The Body, Hopelessness and Nostalgia: Representations of Rape and the Welfare State in Swedish Crime Fiction
- K.Gregersdotter Over Her Dismembered Body: the Crime Fiction of Mo Hayder and Jo Nesbø
- B.Åström PART III: REWRITING SCRIPTS: LANGUAGE, GENDER AND VIOLENCE IN CONTEMPORARY CRIME FICTION Disarticulated Figures: Language and Sexual Violence in Contemporary Crime Fiction
- M.Freeman Male Fantasy, Sexual Exploitation and the Femme Fatale: Reframing Scripts of Power and Gender in Neo-Noir Novels by Sara Paretsky, Megan Abbott and Stieg Larsson
- Z.Brigley-Thompson PART IV: ETHICS, VIOLENCE AND ADAPTATION Rape and Replay in Stieg Larsson, Liza Marklund and Val McDermid: On Affect, Ethics and Feeling Bad
- T.Horeck The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo : Rape, Revenge and Victimhood in Cinematic Translation
- C.Henry 'Hidden in the Snow': Female Violence against the Men Who Hate Women in the Millennium Adaptations
- P.Gates Index