The political possibility of sound: fragments of listening
The essay is the perfect format for a crisis. Its porous and contingent nature forgives a lack of formality, while its neglect of perfection and virtuosity releases the potential for the incomplete and the unrealisable. These seven essays present a perfectly incomplete form for a discussion on the possibility of the political that includes creativity and invention, and articulates a politics that imagines transformation and the desire to embrace a connected and collaborative world
PublishedLondon : Bloomsbury Academic2018, 2019
This item is not reservable because:
You can only request items from our lending collections. You cannot reserve journals.
No availability records for this item
Statement of responsibility: Salomé Voegelin
ISBN: 1501312162, 9781501312168
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
vii, 232 p. ; 23 cm
Media Studies.; Sound in art.; Sound (Philosophy)
Light Song (A Text Score)
1. Introduction: Writing Fragments
2. The Political Possibility of Sound
3. Hearing Volumes: Architecture, Light and Words
4. Geographies of Sound: Performing Impossible Territories
5. Morality of the Invisible, Ethics of the Inaudible
6. Hearing Subjectivities: Bodies, Forms and Formlessness
7. Sonic Materialism: A Philosophy of Digging
8. Reading Fragments of Listening, Hearing Vertical Lines of Words