Statement of responsibility: Karl Aubrey and Alison Riley
ISBN: 1526436612, 9781526436610
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Previous edition: 2015.
viii, 293 p. ; 23 cm
Education.; Education Philosophy.
Understanding and using educational theories.
- John Dewey: A democratic notion of learning
- Maria Montessori: Liberating the child
- Jean Piaget: Understanding the mind of the child
- Lev Vygotsky: An early social constructivist viewpoint
- B.F. Skinner: The father of operant conditioning
- Benjamin Bloom: Learning through taxonomies
- Malcolm S. Knowles: Contextualising adult learning
- Jerome Bruner: An evolution of learning theories
- Albert Bandura: Learning through observation
- Urie Bronfenbrenner: The ecology of human development
- Paulo Freire: Oppression, freedom and critical approaches to education
- Donald Schön: Reflection and learning
- David Kolb: Experiential Learning Theory
- Jean Lave and Etienne Wenger: Socially situated learning and communities of practice
- Guy Claxton: Learning power
- Dylan Wiliam: Assessment for learning
- Carol Dweck: Mindsets and motivation