Statement of responsibility: edited by Victoria D. Alexander ... [et al.]
ISBN: 3319646435, 9783319646435
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xxi, 328 p. : illustrations (black and white) ; 21 cm.
Sociology of the arts
Art market.; Art and Design.; Capitalism.; Art Economic aspects.; Business; Protest movements; Globalisation.; Art as an investment.; Political art
From commodification of art to artistic critiques of capitalism
Sociology of the arts.
- The Capitalist Economy as a Precondition and Restraint of Modern and Contemporary Art Worlds
- Culturalization of the Economy and the Artistic Qualities of Contemporary Capitalism
- Neoliberal Marketization of Global Contemporary Visual Art Worlds: Changes in Valuations and the Scope of Local and Global Markets
- Art, Capitalist Markets, and Society: Insights and Reflections on Contemporary Art
- Art as a Means to Produce Societal Benefits and Social Innovations
- A Plea for Responsible Art: Politics, the Market, Creation
- Artistic Critique on Capitalism as a Practical and Theoretical Problem
- De-Aestheticization and the Dialectics of the Aesthetic and Anti-Aesthetic in Contemporary Art
- Artivism and the Spirit of Avant-Garde Art
- Dirty Pictures. Scandal and Censorship in Contemporary Art
- Manifestations and Conditions of Art.