Statement of responsibility: editor, Richard Aldrich
ISBN: 0713040610, 9780713040616
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
viii, 221 p. ; 24 cm.
Woburn education series
Education Social aspects Cross-cultural studies.; Independent Schools; Private schools History.; Educational History; Privatization in education History.
- Part 1 1. Gender and the Private/Public Debate on Education in the Long Eighteenth Century, Michele Cohen2. Changing the Boundaries
- the Voluntary System, Private Popular Education and the Battle for Useful Knowledge, c.1830s-c.1860s, Dennis Dean3. From Incorporation to Privatisation: Public and Private Secondary Education in Twentieth-Century England, Gary McCulloughPart 2 4. Round and Round the Mulberry Bush
- the Balance of Public and Private in Early Education and Childcare in the Twentieth Century, Helen Penn5. Birds, Bees and General Embarrassment
- Sex Education in Briain, from Social Purity to Section 28, Lesley A. Hall6. Domestic Science
- the Education of Girls at Home, Susan Williams7. Family History and the History of the Family Richard Aldrich Part 3 8. Changing Conceptions of Public and Private in American Educational History, William J Reese 9. Public Commitment and Private Choice in Australian Secondary Education, Geoffrey Sherington10. Public, Private and Globalised International Education, Peter Leuner and Mike Woolf.