Statement of responsibility: edited by Naomi Segal, Lib Taylor, Roger Cook
ISBN: 0333949692, 9780333949696
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
288 p. ; 22 cm.
ART(X); Body, Human (Philosophy); Gender identity.; Body, Human, in literature.; Body, Human Social aspects.; Blindness; Human Body; Gender; Human figure in art.
- L.Taylor, N.Segal & R.Cook Prefatory Essay: The Tale of Nema
- R. Stainton Rogers & W.Stainton Rogers On Wanting a Child or: An Idea of Desire
- K.Lesnik-Oberstein Where is Action Man's Penis? Determinations of Gender
- J. Bignell The Ideology of the Genderless Sporting Body: Reflections on the Czech State-Socialist Concept of Physical Culture
- L.Oates-Indruchová 'Lying Beneath Me She is Only a Shape': Bret Easton Ellis's American Psycho and the Representation of Madness
- A.Scott Determined Indeterminacy in the Work of Lari Pittman
- R.Cook 'The Some had Rather it Were She than I ': Sexing the Textual Body
- N.Segal Not from Adam's Rib: The Origins of Transgender Surgery in Weimar Culture
- S.L.Gilman 'Sweet Hee-She-Coupled-One': Unspeakable Hermaphrodites
- C.Williams In/determinacy in Cyberspace
- F.Froy Flaunting the Feminine
- M.Meagher Shape-Shifting and Role-Splitting: Theatre, Body and Identity
- L.Taylor Unhomely Bodies and Dislocated Identities in the Drama of Frank McGuinness and Marina Carr
- A.McMullan Blindness and the Politics of the Gaze
- D.Forgacs Bodies in Transition, or the Unbearable Lightness of the Transitionless Self
- M.Csabai & F.Erös Revolution in Video Dance: The Construction of a Fluid Body