Statement of responsibility: edited by Leslie Hill and Helen Paris
ISBN: 1403945039, 1403945047, 9781403945037, 9781403945044
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xx, 275 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
Performance art.; Theatre; Performance art; Place (Philosophy); Experimental theater.; Performance; Performing arts.; Site-specific art.
- List of Illustrations Acknowledgements Preface Notes on Contributors PART ONE: MAPPING THE TERRITORY Introduction
- L.Hill This Must Be The Place: Place, Placelessness and Live Art since the 1980s
- L.Keidan This Secret Location
- H.Cole It's Very Trippy: Shock Locutions and Dislocation
- M.Waugh Out of the Furnace and into the Cyberplan
- M.Wilson PART TWO: (DIS)PLACING THE SENSES Introduction
- L.Hill An Introduction to Vertigo
- R.La Frenais Swimming in Time: Performing Programmes, Mutable Movies - Notes on a Process in Progress
- T.Dove The Patina of Placelessness
- E.Puthoff Future House, Blind City: A Life
- J.Birringer PART THREE: ON LOCATION Introduction
- L.Hill Through the Wrong End of the Telescope
- G.Miller Walking in Sin City
- M.Peterson Placed and Displaced: Trauma Memorials
- L.B.Clark Where Difference lies: Performative Metaphors of Truth, Deception and Placelessness in the Cornish Peninsula
- P.Laviolette PART FOUR: BORDER PANIC Introduction
- L.Hill Lost in Space?: Global Placelessness and the Non-Places of Alladeen
- J.Parker Starbuck A Place for Protest: The Billionaires for Bush Interrupt the Hegemonologue
- L.M.Bogad Too Close for Comfort: One to One Performance
- H.Paris Parallel Power: Shakespeare, Gunfire and Silence
- P.Heritage PART FIVE: THEATRE IN A CROWDED FIRE Introduction
- L.Hill Starry Night Sky
- L.Hixson Live From Paradise: A Work in Progress
- J.Maynard Smith Hideyhole and Innersanctum
- A.Kötting The Ordering of the Fantastic: Architecture and Place in the Work of Lawrence Steger
- M.Goulish Index
'...a timely, and at times, poetic engagement with an elusive sense of place' - Michael Pinchbeck, Platform