Statement of responsibility: edited by Jonathan Harris
ISBN: 0853231893, 0853234388, 9780853231899, 9780853234388
256 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 22 cm.
Tate Liverpool critical forum ; 9
Modern art; Art and popular culture.; Art, Modern 20th century.; Art, Modern 21st century.
- 1. Introduction: Performance, Critiques, Ideology - Contemporary Art and Art History in an Age of Visual Culture - Jonathan Harris
- 2. Namesake: Who's Performing Whom? - Joshua Sofaer
- 3.A Great Technician: Document, Process, and Persona in Performance and the Everyday - Richard Layzell
- 4. Vaginal Davis Does Art History - Robert Summers
- 5.Performativity, Cultural-Politics, and the Embodiments of Knowledge: An Interview with Amelia Jones conducted by Jonathan Harris.
- 6. The Fantasy of Provacy: Performance after Minimalism - Frazer Ward
- 7. Deterritorializing Bodies: Body Art and the Colonial World Expositions - Jane Chin Davidson
- 8. 'Do-it-yourself Artworks': A User's Guide - Anne Dezeuze
- 9. Martha Rosler's Fighting Legions: 'Semiotcs of the Kitchen' (1975/2003) - Performance and the (Video) Document - August Jordan Davis
- 10. Interaction/Participation: Disembodied Performance in New Media Art - Beryl Graham
- List of Contributors
the merciless clarity of fine art.