Statement of responsibility: Tony Gibbs
ISBN: 2940373493, 9782940373499
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 162).
Discography: (p. 164-165).
Filmography: (p. 166).
175 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 23 cm.
Experimental music; Sound; Installation art; Electroacoustic music; Sound recordings Production and direction.; Sound effects music.; Sound installations (Art)
- How to get the most out of this book. Introduction. Origins and developments: Timeline
- A historical perspective
- A new form emerges
- Sound design appears. Artists and their work: Art or music?
- Vicki Bennett
- Max Eastley
- Janek Schaefer
- Simon Emmerson
- Knut Aufermann. Process and practice: Studio or laboratory?
- Designing and creating sounds
- The computer
- Interactivity. Realisation and presentation: Installations, environments and sculptures
- Sound diffusion
- Media. Conclusion. Afterword. Suggested reading. Suggested listening. Suggested viewing. The internet. Glossary. Index. Credits. Acknowledgements.