Statement of responsibility: editor, R. Towse
ISBN: 1840646616, 9781840646610
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
288p. ; 24 cm.
Performing arts; Arts; Copyright Great Britain.; Copyright; Cultural industries Great Britain Management.
- 1. Copyright and the Cultural Industries: The Policymaker's View
- 2. Copyright, Borrowed Images and Appropriation Art: An Economic Approach
- 3. Choice of Law Issues in Relation to Copyright
- 4. Copyright and Freedom of Expression: An Economic Analysis
- 5. Copyright in the Digital Age: The Economic Rationale
- 6. Copyright Compulsory Licensing and Incentives
- 7. Copyright and Corporate Power
- 8. The Abolition of Copyrights: Better for Artists, Third World Countries and the Public Domain
- 9. Copyright Societies Do Not Administer Individual Property Rights: The Incoherence of Institutional Traditions in Germany and the UK
- 10. Music Licensing in the Digital Age
- 11. Copyright Protection, Appropriability and New Cultural Behaviour
- 12. Performers in the Digital Era: Empirical Evidence from Japan
- 13. Creativity without a Copyright: Music Production in Vienna in the Late Eighteenth Century
- 14. Exploiting Museum Images
- 15. Copyright in the Digital Age: Opportunities and Drawbacks for Scientific Research
- 16. The Problems of Authors' Property Rights Administration in Russia