Statement of responsibility: Stephen J. Ball
ISBN: 0203015177, 9780203015179, 9780415363976
Includes bibliographical references (p. -286) and index.
ix, 290 p.
World library of educationalists series
Equal education; Education and state Great Britain.; Educational equalization Great Britain.; Educational sociology Great Britain.; Educational sociology; Social classes; Social classes Great Britain.; Great Britain
Electronic reproduction. Dawson Books. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
World library of educationalists series.
Also available in printed form.
- Part 1: Perspectives on Policy Research
- 1. Policy Sociology and Critical Social Research: A Personal Review of Recent Education Policy and Policy Research
- 2. Discipline and Chaos: The New Right and Discourses of Derision
- 3. What is Policy? Texts, Trajectories and Toolboxes
- 4. Educational Studies, Policy Entrepreneurship and Social Theory
- 5. Big Policies/Small World: An Introduction to International Perspectives on Education Policy
- Part 2: Policy Technologies and Policy Analysis
- 6. Ethics, Self Interest and the Market Form in Education
- 7. Good School/Bad School: Paradox and Fabrication
- 8. Educational Reform, Market Concepts and Ethical Re-tooling
- 9. Standards in Education: Privatisation, Profit and Values
- 10. The Teacher's Soul and the Terrors of Performativity
- Part 3: Social Class and Education Policy
- 11. Circuits of Schooling: A Sociological Exploration of Parental Choice of School in Social Class Contexts
- 12. Space, Work and the 'New Urban Economies'
- 13. Social Justice in the Head: Are we all Libertarians Now
- 14. 'Ethnic Choosing': Minority Ethnic Students and Higher Education Choice
- 15. 'I Heard it on the Grapevine': 'Hot' Knowledge and School Choice
- 16. The Risks of Social Reproduction: The middle Class and Education Markets