Statement of responsibility: Tim Parsons
ISBN: 2940373744, 9782940373741
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references.
"An AVA Academia advanced title."
208 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 30 cm.
Industrial design Case studies.; Industrial design; Industrial design.
- How to get the most out of this book. Introduction. Perception: Design and politics
- Value and the object
- Reading form. Motivation: Conforming, reforming or contesting
- Defining approaches
- Aesthetic refinement
- Collective memory and behaviour
- Social inclusion
- Materials and processes
- Technological innovation
- Strategies and services
- Design for debate. Process: The elusive design process
- Design methodology
- Thinking tools
- Ideas generation
- Maquette and model-making. Context: Employment
- Speculation. Sources: Bibliography
- Picture credits