Statement of responsibility: Neil McCaw
ISBN: 0826492878, 0826492886, 9780826492876, 9780826492883
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 160-161) and index.
viii, 163 p. ; 22 cm.
Criticism.; Literary criticism; Critical theory
- Introduction: Why Read About How to Read?
- 1. Beginning from where you are - finding your critical voice
- 2. The Creative Critic
- 3. Close Reading
- 4. Biography and Authorship
- 5. History and Contexts
- 6. Critical Theory
- Conclusion: Unveiling the Self-conscious Critic
- Appendix A: Edgar Allen Poe, 'The Tell-Tale Heart'
- Appendix B: William Blake, 'The Tyger'
- Appendix C: Arthur Conan Doyle, 'The Man with the Twisted Lip'