Statement of responsibility: edited by Nicola Yelland
ISBN: 033523786X, 0335237878, 9780335237869, 9780335237876
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xvi, 269 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education.; Early childhood education.; Early childhood education
- Part 1 Contemporary perspectives on global and policy issues
- Extending possibilities and practices in early childhood education
- Rethinking pedagogical practices in early childhood education: A multidimensional approach to learning and inclusion
- Between two debts: Child and (inter)national development
- Shaping the future: How human capital arguments about investment in early childhood are being (mis)used in poor countries
- Reframing rights: Poverty discourses and children's lives in the United States
- The displaced early childhood education in the postcolonial era of Hong Kong
- National 'treasures': The Aotearoa New Zealand child
- Investigating 'Quality' project: Opening possibilities in early childhood care and education policies and practices in Canada
- Part 2 Critical views in practice
- When words are scarce, but success depends on them: Composing in a Navajo kindergarten
- Childhoods left behind? Official and unofficial basics of child writing
- 'Improper' children
- Like a wild thing': Analysing the 'deviant' competence of girls in home-preschool communications
- At home with the future: Influences on young children's early experiences with digital technologies
- When robots tell a story about culture... and children tell a story about learning
- The early years research-policy-practice nexus: Challenges and opportunities.