Statement of responsibility: edited by Stephen Chase and Philip Thomas
ISBN: 1409406911, 9780754666806, 9781409406914
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xxiii, 259 p. : ill.
Wolff, Christian, 1934- Criticism and interpretation.; American music; Music 20th century History and criticism.; Composers; Experimental music
Electronic reproduction. Dawson Books. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Also available in printed form.
- Foreword, Michael Parsons
- Preface, Stephen Chase and Philip Thomas
- Part I Reception, History: 'Our Webern': Cage and Feldman's devotion to Christian Wolff, Michael Hicks
- Christian Wolff in Darmstadt, 1972 and 1974, Amy C. Beal. Part II The Music: For pianist: the solo piano music, Philip Thomas
- Mutual effects: organization and interaction in the orchestral music of Christian Wolff, James Saunders
- Exercising the ensemble: some thoughts on the later music of Christian Wolff, Christopher Fox. Part III Politics: Changing the system: indeterminacy and politics in the early 1970s, David Ryan
- 'There is always a time': words, music, politics and voice, Stephen Chase. Part IV Performance: Prose Collection: the performer and listener as co-creator, Clemens Gresser
- Playing the game? 5 reflections upon performing Christian Wolff's music, Philip Thomas
- List of works