Statement of responsibility: edited by Sue Rogers
ISBN: 0203839471, 0415480752, 0415480760, 9780203839478, 9780415480758, 9780415480765
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
viii, 170 p. ; 24 cm.
Play.; Play; Critical pedagogy.; Early childhood education.; Early childhood education; Education.
- 1. Play and Pedagogy: A Conflict of Interests? Sue Rogers
- 2. It's About Power: Researching Play, Pedagogy and Participation in the Early Years of School Jo Ailwood
- 3. The Challenge of Play for Early Childhood Educators Sue Dockett
- 4. 'We are Hunters and Gatherers of Values': Dramatic Play, Early Childhood Pedagogy, and the Formation of Ethical Identities Brian Edmiston
- 5. Revisiting Vygotskian Perspectives on Play and Pedagogy Elena Bodrova And Deborah J. Leong
- 6. Exploring Culture, Play, and Early Childhood Education Practice in African Contexts Kofi Marfo And Linda Biersteker
- 7. Play and Pedagogy framed within India's Historical, Socio-Cultural and Pedagogical Context Amita Gupta
- 8. Learning Through Play in Hong Kong: Policy of Practice Doris Cheng Pui-Wah
- 9. Meeting at the Crossroads: Postmodern Pedagogy Greets Children´S Aesthetic Play-Culture Faith Gabrielle Guss
- 10. Deconstructing the Metaphysics of Play Theories: Toward a Pedagogy of Play Aesthetics Hae-Ryung Yeu 11. Digital Play in the Classroom: A Twenty-First Century Pedagogy? Tim Waller
- 12. Taking Play Seriously Liz Brooker