Statement of responsibility: Colin Lankshear and Michele Knobel
ISBN: 0335242162, 0335242170, 9780335242160, 9780335242177
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xv, 275 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Literacy; Information technology; Media literacy.; Computer assisted learning; Media Studies.; Literacy Social aspects.; Internet literacy.; Internet
- Preface to the third edition
- Part 1: New Literacies: Concepts and Theory
- From 'reading' to 'new' literacies
- Literacies: practice, Discourse, and encoded texts
- 'New' literacies: technologies and values
- Part 2: New Literacies: Some Everyday Practices
- New literacies and social practices of digital remixing
- Blogs and wikis: participatory and collaborative literacy practices
- Everyday practices of online social networking
- Part 3 New Literacies and Social Learning
- Social learning, 'push' and 'pull', and building platforms for collaborative learning
- Social learning and new literacies in formal education
- Name Index
- Subject Index