Statement of responsibility: Teresa Cremin and Debra Myhill
ISBN: 0203803337, 0415579805, 0415579813, 9780203803332, 9780415579803, 9780415579810
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
vi, 216 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Literacy; Language arts United States.; Writing skills; Literacy United States.; Education.; Reading comprehension United States.
- List of illustrations
- Introduction: Multiple voices
- 1. Laying the foundations for teaching writing Part1: Children as writers
- 2. The role of talk
- 3. The role of texts
- 4. Writing as design
- 5. Agency, autonomy and choice
- 6. The role of metacognition Part 2: Teachers as Writers
- 7. Writing teachers: teachers who write and writers who teach
- 8. Teachers' insights from inside the process
- Part 3: Professional Writers
- 9. Professional writers: working in schools
- 10. Professional writers: working in the workplace
- Conclusion: Synthesising voices
"It's fantastic from my point of view as both an oral storyteller and a writer that the book gives attention throughout to what people at all levels say about writing. It listens to their voices."- Mary Medlicott, Early Learning website