Statement of responsibility: edited by Anne D. Cockburn and Graham Littler
ISBN: 0857029479, 1446269124, 9780857029478, 9781446269121
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Print version record.
1 online resource (viii, 166 pages) : illustrations.
Number concept in children.; Mathematics Study and teaching (Elementary); Number concept Study and teaching (Elementary); Mathematical ability in children.; Education.; EDUCATION Teaching Methods & Materials Mathematics.; Anfangsunterricht.; Mathematikunterricht.; Mathematics education; Primary education
- Zero: understanding an apparently paradoxical number / Anne D. Cockburn and Paul Parslow-Williams
- Equality: getting the right balance / Paul Parslow-Williams and Anne D. Cockburn
- Beginning to unravel misconceptions / Sara Hershkovitz, Dina Tirosh and Pessia Tsamir
- Insights into children's intuitions of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division / Dina Tirosh, Pessia Tsamir and Sara Hershkovitz
- Right or wrong? Exploring misconceptions in division / Pessia Tsamir, Sarah Hershkovitz and Dina Tirosh
- Developing an understanding of children's acquisition of number concepts / Anne D. Cockburn
- Highlighting the learning processes / Graham Littler and Darina Jirotková
- Everyday numbers under a mathematical magnifying glass / Carlo Marchini and Paola Vighi.