Statement of responsibility: Mark Chater and Clive Erricker
ISBN: 0203117697, 0415681707, 9780203117699, 9780415681704
Intended audience: Specialized.
"A David Fulton book."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
viii, 167 p. ; 24 cm.
Religion.; Religious education.; Religious education
- Introduction: The politics and discourse of RE Section 1. Representations of religion and education: critical enquiries
- 1. The global context of religion and belief
- 2. The conflicted context of education
- Section 2. Diagnosing RE's pedagogy, provenance and politics
- 3. The heart of the enterprise: a pedagogical problem
- 4. Phenomenology and anthropology: the advocacy of religion as an approach to RE
- 5. Discourse and dissonance in contemporary paradigms of RE
- 6. The politics of English RE: a portrait of disfunctionality
- Section 3. The case for a radical transformation of RE
- 7. The doors of pedagogical perception: pedagogy as existential stance
- 8. Towards an educational economy of religions
- 9. Between education and catastrophe: The futures of RE