Statement of responsibility: edited by Jon McKenzie, Heike Roms, and C.J.W.-L. Wee
ISBN: 0230279422, 9780230008458, 9780230279421
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xiv, 261 p.
Performance; Performance.; Theater.; Theatre; Research; Performing arts.
Electronic reproduction. Dawson Books. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Also available in printed form.
- Notes on Contributors Introduction: Contesting Performance in an Age of Globalization
- J.McKenzie, C.J.W.-L.Wee & H.Roms PART I: INSTITUTIONALIZING PERFORMANCE STUDIES The Many Lives of Performance: The Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Politics
- D.Taylor Interdisciplinary Field or Emerging Discipline?: Performance Studies at the University of Sydney
- G.McAuley The Practice Turn: Performance and the British Academy
- H.Roms Rhetoric in Ruins: Performance Studies, Speech, and the 'Americanization' of the American University
- S.Jackson Performance Studies in Japan
- U.Tadashi& T.Yuichiro PART II: CONTESTING THE ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE THROUGH PERFORMANCE Between Antipodality and Relational Performance: Performance Studies in Australia
- E.Scheer& P.Eckersall Critical Writing and Performance Studies: The Case of Slovenian Journal Maska
- B.Kunst 'Say as I Do': Performance Research in Singapore
- R.Langenbach& P.Rae The Performance of Performance Research: A Report from Germany
- S.Peters Translate, or Else: Marking the Global Troubles of Performance Research in Croatia
- ?.Feldman& M.Blazevi? PART III: THE POWER OF PERFORMANCE PRACTICE Performing Postcoloniality in the Moroccan Scene: Emerging Sites of Hybridity
- K.Amine Searching for the Contemporary in the Traditional: Contemporary Indonesian Dance in Southeast Asia
- S.Murgiyanto Word and Action in Israeli Performance
- S.Aronson-Lehavi& F.Rokem Democratic Actors and Post-Apartheid Drama: Contesting Performance in Contemporary South Africa
- L.Kruger Index